Unless you visit your hairdresser every few weeks, the odds are good that you've sported the occasional split end or two. Split ends occur when damage to the oldest part of the shaft leads hair to splinter. This condition can cause some hairs to be shorter than the rest. Not only do split ends affect the overall appearance of hair, but they also make your mane more susceptible to further damage.
While a monthly salon trip may be the best way to banish split ends, the price of a professional cut can be prohibitive. Fortunately, there's a way to eliminate split ends from the comfort of your own home. All it takes is a pair of scissors. Read on for tips on safely removing split ends without causing further damage to your hair.
Small pair of hair cutting scissors
1. Start with clean hair that's been thoroughly dried and straightened.
2. Fold a strand of hair over your middle finger, holding it in place with the index and ring fingers. Split ends should stick up from the strand.
3. Carefully trim split ends off using a pair of small hair cutting scissors.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with rest of hair.
5. Enjoy a healthier, more luxurious mane in seconds.
Share on Facebook.